A list of ICLEI publications and documents, developed to keep local governments informed of the Rio+20 process and to make their voice heard in the global discussions on sustainable development.
- The RIO+20 Global Town Hall June 2012 Report. ICLEI report, October 2012.
- Sustainable Cities 2012: Building cities for the future. Launched at Rio+20, June 2012.
- ICLEI at Rio+20, Evaluation of Rio+20, ICLEI, June 2012
- The future we want outcome document with ICLEI comments and highlighting of most relevant segments
- LSE Cities and ICLEI publish "Going Green: How cities are leading the next economy" - A global survey of city governments on the green economy. The Rio+20 edition.
- University of Amsterdam and ICLEI publish Role of Local Governments in Promoting Renewable Energy Businesses: A contribution to the Green Urban Economy
- The Economy of Green Cities: World Compendium on the Green Urban Economy brings together experts from research, the private sector, international organizations and local governments to explore an inclusive green urban economy as a driver of green cities and sustainable urban development.
- GEO5 for local government: solving global problems highlights the role that local authorities can play in meeting internationally agreed goals and targets and in addressing local, regional and global environmental challenges.
- Documentation of the Expert Forum on Green Urban Economy convened by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), the City of Bonn, in collaboration with ICLEI. http://www.bonn-perspectives.de/en/dialogue-events/archive/green_urban_economy.html
- Local Sustainability 2012: Taking Stock and Moving Forward. Global Review, ICLEI Global Report, May 2012 (summary)
- Local Sustainability 2012: Taking Stock and Moving Forward. Global Review, ICLEI Global Report, May 2012 (full version)
- Local Sustainability 2012: Showcasing progress. Case Studies, ICLEI Global Report, May 2012
- Joint Message of Local and Sub-National Governments at Rio+20, April 2012
- Interview with Janez Potocnik, European Commissioner for the Environment, ICLEI European Secretariat, Connections 41, 2012
- Interview with Dr. Norbert Röttgen, German Federal Minister for Environment, ICLEI European Secretariat, Connections 41, 2012
- Models for Local Government Organizations (LGOs) involvement in a strengthened UNEP, January 2012
- ICLEI submission to the Rio+20 zero draft, November 2011
- , ICLEI Briefing Sheet, September 2011 (updated version)
- Rio + 20 - hacia la Conferencia de las UN para el Desarrollo Sostenible 2012, ICLEI Briefing Sheet, September 2011 (Spanish version)
- Green Urban Economy, ICLEI Briefing Sheet, September 2011 (updated version)
- NGOs - the questionable charm of being defined by what you aren't by Konrad Otto-Zimmermann, ICLEI Secretary-General, September 2011
- Global Town Hall at Rio+20 information sheet, September 2011
- Local Action Counter press release, June 2011
- Global Environmental Governance: The Role of Local Governments by Konrad Otto-Zimmermann, ICLEI Secretary-General, Pardee Center Sustainable Development Insights 007, March 2011
- Interview with Brice Lalonde, Executive Coordinator for Rio+20 Conference, ICLEI European Secretariat, Connections 39, 2011
- Interview with Jeb Brugmann, Founding Secretary General of ICLEI, ICLEI European Secretariat, Connections 39, 2011
To read Local Authorities' Major Group statements, click here.